Nasal Polypus books
A nasal polypus is an abnormal swelling of the mucous membrane of the nose and sinuses.
It is of two types:
1) Simple or Mucous Polypus
According to aetiology, they are of the following types:
2) Neoplastic Polypus
They are divided in two groups:
Simple or Mucous Polypus Actiology
- Infection of the nose and sinuses. Nasal allergy.
- Other nasal defects e.g. DNS.
- Age (more common in adults)
- Sex (more common in females)
- Shape of the nose i.e. Narrow nose.
These polypi arise usually from the ethmoid cells, middle meatus and middle turbinal and then comes down to the cavity of the nose.
- Nasal obstruction
- Nasal discharge
- Speech defect
- Miscellaneous i.e. broad nose, conductive deafness, etc.