Inflammation of Pharynx is known as Pharyngitis.
- Diet e.g. sour objects
- Near by infection e.g. rhinitis, sinusitis etc.
- Profession e.g. sedentary occupations, occupations demanding too much voice production e.g. singers.
- Constitutional disorders e.g. malnutrition, diabetes, etc.
- Climate e.g. cold
- Infections, fevers e.g. measles, whooping cough, etc.
- Trauma e.g. impaction of foreign bodies in pharynx & their removal etc.
- A slight sense of irritation in throat. (Mild Cases)
- Slight cough (Mild Cases)
- Sense of sticking in the throat (Mild Cases)
- Fever (Severe Cases)
- Anorexia (Severe Cases)
- Dysphagia (Severe Cases)
- Voice may be hoarse (Severe Cases)